The Youth Division of the African Union’s Call for Applications for funding participation at the Youth Pre-Conference on Family Planning and the International Conference on Family Planning is now open.
Please note the guidelines and conditions and complete the online application form.
For more information, go to the links http://youthfpc.org/ or http://youthfpc.org/apply-now/
Application form at http://youthfpc.org/application-form/
East African Applications
Nationals of Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania,Democratic Republic of Congo are not eligible to apply here. Applicants from these countries should follow the link below to apply through the Centre for African Family Studies.
The Deadline for Applications is Thursday, 26th September, 2013.
- Sponsorship covers registration fees for the main conference; accommodation; air tickets and daily subsistence allowance to cover incidentals.
- Sponsored Participants will be provided an economy-class airfare from and back to point of origin with the most direct route. Any modifications or extensions will be at your own expense.
- Be an African Youth (15-35 years);
- Be involved in SRHR field (see brief person specification below);
- Complete application and meet deadline.
- Knowledge of Family Planning and SRHR in one or more of the following: policy, advocacy and communication, services;
- Knowledge of youth development programming, advocacy work, resources mobilization;
- Work experience with SRHR, Population and Health organizations or affiliation to those;
- Good communication (both oral and writing) and presentation skills.
- Application will be assessed by the Youth Division, following this, the review process will consider:
- The merit of the application. In particular, the applicant’s demonstration of knowledge of SRHR issues as well as leadership qualities;
- All applicants will be notified of the results through email October 3, 2013. Further details on the administration of this scholarship will be sent to the successful candidates after this date.
- Attend the conference in its entirety;
- Be able to communicate in English and/or French, both orally and in writing. Translation will be available at plenary sessions, but this will not be possible for all breakout sessions;
- Have regular access to email, as that will be our way of communicating with you about deadlines, registration, hotel and travel arrangements;
- Possess an interest in Family planning, SRHR and Youth development issues
- Your participation will require you to respond to our emails in a timely way. Failure to do so will result in your space being forfeit;
- All participants are expected to apply for visas in advance and to travel with their yellow fever vaccination cards;
- All participants registered will receive an AUC letter of invitation to facilitate visa applications;
- Participants without Ethiopian embassies in their countries, the AUC youth division will facilitate their obtaining Visas on arrival.